Not long ago, GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain stirred up a hornet’s nest when he observed that the reason many black Americans voted Democratic is because they have been brainwashed.
Of course, the hyenas lined up to do what liberals do best: call people they disagree with names instead of arguing facts. Al Sharpton said Mr. Cain was not an authentic black man. I’m not being flip here, but Al, he’s darker than you! Mr. Cain was called an Oreo and slave on the white man’s plantation. But who are the real plantation owners?
Fifty years ago, before Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society, which overturned 80 years of Democratic opposition to ending racial discrimination, 80% of blacks lived in married, two-parent households. Today 60% of black children grow up in fatherless homes supported by a myriad of federal government programs. 70% of black babies (those that survive the 300,000 annual abortions in the black community) are born to unwed mothers who are supported by federal and state taxpayers. And that’s just for starters.
So, who are the real slaveowners? Let’s take a little exam. How much history do you know?
1. Which political party was established in 1854 to fight slavery in the US?
2. Which political party issued the Emancipation Proclamation, declaring all slaves in the rebellious Confederate States of America to be freemen?
3. Which party wrote and instituted the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which permanently outlawed slavery, the Fourteenth Amendment, which prohibited racial discrimination in voting?
4. Which party wrote and enacted into law the Civil Rights Acts of 1866, 1875, 1957 and 1960?
5. Which party desegregated the Arizona Air National Guard two years before the U.S. Armed Forces were integrated?
6. Which party sent US military troops into Arkansas to desegregate Central High School in Little Rock in 1957?
7. Which party established the Revised Philadelphia Plan in 1969 and ushered in affirmative action as we understand it today?
8. Which party instituted busing to desegregate public schools, contributing to a decline in the percentage of segregated public schools in the South form 68 % to 9% in just five years (1969-1974?)
Okay, I’ll make this easy for you; multiple choice:
a.) The Republican Party b.) The Democratic Party c.) The Bull Moose Party d.) The Birthday Party
Now, Part Deux:
1. Which political party tolerated the practice of slavery in America and fought to allow its spread into new territories?
2. Which political party looked the other way while its southern wing sanctioned nearly one hundred years of terrorism against and disenfranchisement of black Americans, to include the establishment of the Ku Klux Klan terror group, the lynching of 3,447 blacks and 1,297 whites, and the enactment of Jim Crow laws to effectively deny blacks the right to vote or to be treated equally in public places?
3. Which party had a president who was a leader of the Progressive movement and promised to do more for black people, yet was responsible for essentially re-segregating the federal civil service, and became indignant when a black civil rights leader called him on his treachery?
4. Which political party gave birth to the Dixiecrats in 1948?
5. Which party had a nominee for president in 1960 who voted against the 1957 Civil Rights Act while a senator and, as president, condemned the Freedom Riders for distracting him and the nation from the international crises of the day?
6. Which political party filibustered the 1957, 1960 and 1964 Civil Rights Act, and the 1965 Voting Rights Act?
7. Which political party had a powerful US Senator from West Virginia who was an Exalted Cyclops in the local chapter of the KKK?
8. Which party cancelled a highly successful voucher program in Washington, D.C. that pulled black students from dismally failing public schools and gave them a path to success?
a.) The Republicans b.) The Democrats c.) The Bull Moosers d.) The Birthers
If you tune into Chris Matthews or any of the alphabet networks you probably think the Dems would be the correct choice for Part Une and The GOP is probably the evil bunch you would allot to Part Deux.
Well you would be so very wrong!
But the Democrats keep handing out freebies and taking away a little liberty with each food stamp and free cell phone. The slavemasters keep the plantation open and full of slaves.
Herman Cain has escaped the plantation.
But what happened when a slave escaped his slavemaster? He was hunted down, captured and hung as a lesson to the other slaves.
Mr. Cain is being hunted now. Hopefully he can escape the hanging.
(Part Une and Part Deux questions courtesy of another escaped slave: Ron Miller of Lynchburg, Virginia an associate dean and assistant professor of government at Liberty University, a conservative activist and commentator, and author of the book, SELLOUT: Musings from Uncle Tom’s Porch. The nine-year plus veteran of the U.S. Air Force and married father of three writes columns for several online sites and print publications, and his own website, TeamRonMiller.com. Join him on Facebook and Twitter at @TeamRonMiller.)