How successful the purveyors of socialism (socialism is what they call it when you are still voting – communism is what you get when they are in power) have been: infiltrating our educational system for decades and eroding the discernment necessary for critical thinking. And of course, furthering the fallacious notion that we can live at the expense of others vis-a-vis the ideology of Communism.
If history was still taught thoroughly, we as a nation, would know that all of the societies who have indulged in the sirens call of shared sacrifice means a short highway to hell.
Breathtaking in its disregard for the facts, for any President of these United States to say that there is little difference between Communism and
Capitalism The Free Market is either perpetrating treachery or subversion. For a United States President to stand on foreign soil and imply that there is no great difference between communism and capitalism is deceitful and seditious.
Communism has been the greatest social engineering experiment we have ever seen. It failed utterly and in doing so it killed over 100,000,000 men, women, and children! –R.J. Rummell
So, lets review in as few words as possible:
- The government owns all means of production, which is managed by employees of the state.
- These employees operated under party-appointed economic planners, who set output targets in prices and frequently interfered with the operations to satisfy personal or party desires.
- And because communist economies are not efficient and because of the Communist Party’s desire to retain power, most economic resources were devoted to industrialization and to the military, depriving consumers of food and other necessary products, causing intense competition for these limited necessities, where many people had to wait in long lines for common consumer goods, such as toilet paper.
- the factors of production are privately owned;
- economic transactions take place in markets, where buyers and sellers interact;
- businesses and employees are free to pursue their own self-interest;
And then there is the little thorny issue that 20th century Communist regimes “have killed more people than any other regime type” (don’t just take my word for it, see for yourself at Wikipedia)!